[Soup] Lamisil [Soup] Lamisil

Pretty Good

I liked this flash and I find it intresting that you managed to make a flash around the idea of a spam bot post, that is pretty clever. The graphics are pretty good although some improvements could be made, there are parts with little animation to them, something to watch might have been nice, but they worked.

The voice acting work was good, easy to hear and no problems there, the way it ended was good as well, the text went along with the voice acting and ended in a pretty funny way. I do think that a replay button should maybe have been added at the end as well though, but other than that, overall I thought it was pretty clever and funny, good job.

Heansinekew responds:

Thank you for your review!

Cupcakes Cupcakes

Pretty Good

The animation here was pretty fluid, although at parts, just seeing the wall as a background didn't give too much to look at, when zoomed out it looks nice with the floor and everything. That's my only problem with the graphics though, the characters look okay, I mean the style of drawing for them is pretty good.

As for the voice acting, that's pretty nice too and the singing is good, not much more I can say to that, it worked well with the animation and everything else, so no problems there. Good job on this flash overall.

4/5

House of Apparition House of Apparition

Pretty Good

I liked the story to this flash, I thought it was pretty good, I do think that the ending could have had a bit more work done to it and the voice acting for Shaun could have done with some improvement, the rest was pretty good though. The way the sound has been edited to sound like it came from diffrent sides when the camera switched focus was also pretty good and not too harsh with headphones.

Music and other sound effects worked pretty well, I do feel more time was put into the background artwork than the character artwork but that doesn't matter too much, it was all still good and decent animation too. I'm glad you had subtitles too but I do think you could have had an option to turn these on and off, minor thing, but the voice acting was clear enough to hear what was said.

Overall, I enjoyed this flash and it was a pretty good story.

Twisted4000 responds:

Thank you very much. And you're correct, the backgrounds were done in Photoshop and more time was put into them. I hope for my next animations to have more shadow, details, and overall, more depth in the characters.

Some people said the voices were unclear at some parts, though, I thought it wasn't necessary for an on/off switch for the subtitles, but hey, not everyone agrees with everything, I suppose.

-A Cry for Help 2- -A Cry for Help 2-

Not Good

The message behind this flash is old by now but I never agreed with it in the first place, making a flash message as a "cry for help" was never the right way to go about this. The problem is not so much of a problem as it was when this flash was originally submitted, but regardless, the point still stands, it's a poor concept.

As for the flash itself, it's bad, there is a tweened background, with text saying how close the first flash got close to an award. This makes it seem like the aim was more to cheat encourage the users to cheat the system to combat spam flash, which is no better.

The animation was pretty poor, low quality screenshots and a sprite in the middle, the subtitles where pretty good and made up for the poor speech and the presentation of screenshots was decent but hard to see most of them clearly and the text isn't very easy to read.

Overall, I would say this was no better than the flash it claims to have been combating in the day.

1/5

I can't fap to this... I can't fap to this...

I find this difficult to laugh at

I suppose the main purpose of this flash is to amuse and this is something it doesn't do for me, the phrase isn't funny and it really doesn't make for a good joke. The animation and voice acting of this flash however are both good and that works pretty well, the style with it in black and white, well greys, is a decent style too.

Maybe the length is also an issue, but if it's based off a comic then that would explain why it's shorter but it could have gone further if you had added something afterwards, would it have made it more funny? It could have in a way, but not really sure. Basing a flash off a common phrase or a comment, in my opinion, is hard to pull off.

In short, I think everything is good apart from the concept.

2/5

Sugar, Spice and... Sugar, Spice and...

Good flash

This flash remains one of my favourites, while it's short and the voice recording could do with some work, I thought it was pretty good, I like the art style, it reminds me of cartoons such as Dexters Lab and the like. The use of that song and the concept of the flash was a good idea and your hate for the song comes across well.

But yes, as mentioned before, I would try to look at improving audio quality because that kind of upsets the overall flow of the flash, but other than that, there is nothing I can suggest, the length is good and I like the overall concept and this is why I like it.

Fucking Wasted Fucking Wasted

Pretty Cool

My favourite part about this flash was the easter egg, who worked on that artistic masterpeice? Well anyway, the rest of it is pretty good as well. The parts seem to transition very well, the menu looked good and overall, I have to say it was pretty amusing, although it suffers from the same thing a lot of collabs do in the wide contrast of artistic talent.

Anyway, I liked it, didn't think I would to start with, not a huge fan of the song personally but the audio quality came out well and all the parts had something worth looking at in them, so that makes it good for me! So overall, good work, I look forward to see more collabs like this.

SoupSquad responds:

~<3

Soldier Is Clock! Soldier Is Clock!

Alright

I do like Team Fotress 2 and the videos that use sound from the game to make diolog can be pretty clever, although it might have looked a little better if it was fully animated but as it is, it still looks pretty decent, the audio quality is nice too. I do think that you should have had an ending screen with a replay button or something, I heard a bit of sound at the end that I don't think should have been there as well.

Anyway, as far as Clock Day flash go, I think it was one of the better ones I saw that day, it fits in with the theme pretty nicly and obviously has the letter B in it. So yeah, overall, good job and happy late Clock Day.

4/5

Murray responds:

I would have loved more animation to this movie but I feared the clips would make the filesize too big so I had to go without them. :(

[SOUP] CD -- The Offering [SOUP] CD -- The Offering

Pretty Good

I do remember the flash reference that you started this flash with, which was very good to hear again, lol. It's probably one of the best rushed Clockday flash I have seen, I know I couldn't do better. The graphics are alright, they are very smooth and shiny, I do like that and the simplistic style.

The voice acting is good, although the sound quality does need to be higher, don't know if that's a mic issue or not and it's nice that you stuck with computer generated voice for the clocks, it's pretty fitting. Everything comes together very well here, good work.

Happy late Clockday.

Dosensuppen responds:

Simplisty is what I do best. And I would never stray the Clocks away from speakonia.

The Many Faces of B The Many Faces of B

B for Basic

It's a very basic flash and I know this is reviewing after the event, I can also see that it possibly took a while to make so many frames and changing the font of the text as well as the title text. In that sense, it's pretty creative but there's not a whole lot else to this other than that.

You could have stuck some music on the top of this, something quiet and added a mute button, it would have added a little more to this flash. As it is, I don't think it's that entertaining, more of an art peice, which is why it should really have had some music.

Anyway, happy late Clockday.

3/5

Powerage responds:

Looking over this flash, yeah I agree with you, this could have been better with some quiet music, my skills in flash aren't that great though.

Thank you for your honest feedback, Little-Rena, I appreciate it.